Miwenti - steel production processes
The cooling technology applied in EAF overheated critical parts results in a reduced refractory, metallic and castings wear as well as in an increased production and a longer operation life.
Since early 1995 Tekno BTM has developed this technology in EAF for electrode holder, cooling box, cooling block and lance head. Today miwenti and Tekno BTM offer the most up-to-date generation of cooling blocks, Teknobox® and Teknosphera, which have been entirely engineered and designed to satisfy the last state-of-the-art in steel processes.
The main task of miwenti s.r.l as the engineering company is to focus their knowledge to develop systems such as the process and injection technology for different mediums as well as to new technologies or applications with the aim to increase the performances and safety, lower production and maintenance costs and increase the efficiency of the melting process.
The products and services supplied to the different steel mills world wide as well as to the major EAF engineering companies have allowed us to understand many of the existing problems and difficulties in association with the installation, management and maintenance of the different applications.
Based on this knowledge miwenti s.r.l has developed, engineered and supplied unique, simple and significantly flexible system which allows adjusting, configuring and applying improvements to the process in order to meet today’s requirements and objectives of the steel plants.
- Miwenti s.r.l. develops, designs and manufactures highly reliable equipment and components for use in harsh steelworks environments to meet the needs of all our customers and partners.
- It is our mission to satisfy market demand and customer needs with high quality products and services.
- Build sound customer relationships by surpassing expectations through innovation, quality workmanship and unmatched technical support and service.
- Continuous improvement on quality and production process in order to provide customers with products of high quality and reasonable costs
- Focus on innovative problem-solving solutions for operational cost reductions
- To solve specific operational problems in common as a team with the customer
- Regarding the dedicate on and qualifications of our employees as a key factor in the company’s continued success.
Specific nozzles inject the carbon at a speed approximately of 50 m/sec to ensure to penetrate the slag and enter the liquid bath. The formation phase of the foamy slag and the immersion of the electrical arc into the foam increase the thermal exchange between the arc and fused parts because the heat losses are reduced towards the other elements.
Alternative energy contributes significantly to the final energetic balance for the steel production.
Oxygen is essential for the optimization of the process. The typical application includes: Scrap cutting and melting process by means of burners mounted onto the wall, carburization, decarburization and the formation of foamy slag by means of injection systems in the door or in the wall.
In recent years many developments have been realized in order to satisfy this requirement to such an extent that it is common to find various types of devices in the same EAF (roof lance, door lance, burners on the wall, burners in the door etc.).
If the operating practice is managed and maintained in a proper way, the operating costs will be reduced, e.g. lower electrodes consumption, refractory costs and energies etc.
If a procedure specifically required by a type of process is not entirely applied with an appropriate method, the result will be negative.
The company miwenti s.r.l was created 10 years ago as a consequence of the long-time experience and knowledge applied in and around the Electric Arc Furnace (EAF) as well as the extensive practice in the development, engineering and manufacturing of any copper components applied in the steel plants.
In order to continue to ensure the high standard of quality, starting from the design, copper material purchase, casting, manufacturing to the finished products, miwenti s.r.l. entered into a joint venture as equal share holder of Tekno BTM, Italy a copper foundry having the experience for over 20 years to manufacture and supply products based on the copper technology to the steel industry.
Main advantages of the Teknosphera:
• Direct cooled box specially adapted to the EBT situation.
• Same basic features as for the Teknojet.
• Rotary and adjustable sweeping range for optimum heat distribution.
• Installation at EBT.
In the Teknosphera a seat is machined for burner-injectors (oxygen-natural gas).
The Teknosphera will be mounted through a welded frame, with water cooling too, which permits the rapid fastening on the EBT zone of the furnace.
The Teknosphera is positioned onto the panel of EBT zone.
The water connections are made with rapid opening/closing valves.